Thinking of bonuses reminds me of my father’s business practices.
Less than a min.
Start with trust.
I learned the following from my father, whom I considered successful in his field.
His trade secret was very simple, and it goes like this:
- Hire the very best talent in the marketplace even if you have to pay more.
- Share your standards, expectations and the vision of what you want them to achieve.
- Give them space and empower them to achieve those objectives in their own ways.
- Pay them on time.
- Show them how you value them through gratitude and some extra compensation if you made a profit through their efforts.
- Involve them in your social gatherings – like extended family members
- Help them financially, when necessary.
It’s so simple. It will build high trust. You and the rest of them will be successful.
Before you design your product or services, design your environment for trust. The rest will follow.
Thank you for sharing some of your precious time with me each week. Leave a comment if you liked it.
Always with gratitude, until next week.
If you enjoyed this article, you might find Your Brand | Work Series interesting.